Belgium - R&D ENGINEER - ORNAMENTALS
Who we are
Deroose Plants is a leading company active in the (micro-) propagation of floriculture, plantation, and fruit and vegetable crops. Production and sales are organized from sites in Belgium (+/- 100 employees), the United States and China. In total, the team consists of more than 700 people. We distinguish ourselves through our innovative strength, with which we continuously develop new techniques to propagate plants that no one else can offer. More information can be found on our website www.derooseplants.com.
The in vitro propagation lab and research center are located in Sleidinge where a team of approximately 30 people is active. We are looking for an R&D Engineer for the R&D laboratory in Sleidinge!
- You are responsible for a wide range of responsibilities/tasks within the R&D team of the in vitro propagation lab
- You are responsible for all aspects of the micropropagation of plants and you are also committed to the development of new propagation techniques
- You are responsible for applying, monitoring and adjusting the new production techniques at group level
- You have insight into the commercial aspects of (in vitro) propagation of plants
- You are not afraid of performing experimental work yourself, according to techniques in the lab
- You ensure clear communication with sales and report directly to the R&D Manager
- You have a higher degree in Biology or related studies (industrial engineer, bio-engineer, master in biotechnology, etc…)
- A first experience in plant research is a bonus, as well as a special interest/passion in plant physiology/plant propagation
- You are structured and analytical, you are not unfamiliar with factorial experiments
- You can work independently but also in a team to provide the necessary instructions
- You can express yourself very well in Dutch and English, both written and spoken.
- Microsoft Office holds no secrets for you; you can process data using “R”
An exciting challenge in an international company focused on innovation. Deroose Plants NV belongs to the world top in tissue culture and the propagation of young plants. You can count on a full-time job with many opportunities for self-development within an international group. We provide a competitive salary supplemented with numerous extralegal benefits.
Is this something for you?
Send your CV (+ letter of motivation) to email@example.com
Attn: Filip Vandenbussche (R&D Manager) or call 09/357.74.47.