Job Offer - Grower At Deroose Plants - Florida (Apopka)
About the Job
Deroose Plants Inc. is a supplier of young plants across the world. We have divisions in Europe (Belgium), China (Shanghai) and the USA (Apopka, FL).
Our company was founded in the early 1980s, and has since earned numerous awards for its unique and exclusive collections, as well as for its innovation.
We supply young plants and ornamental plants. Our product line includes bromeliads, spathiphillum, and other ornamental plants such as nepenthes, ficus, alocasia, codiaeum, chlorophytum and others.
Responsible for the coordination of all chemical applications to be made on crops. Oversees and implements processes and controls as stated by the Company. Involved in performing inspections, scouting, testing, sampling, and training.
Essential Job Functions:
• Primary decision maker for all growing related tasks
• Communicate and strategize daily with the growing team, and the Production Manager and General Manager.
• Capable of providing customer service as needed
• Greenhouse environmental control computer knowledge preferred
• Knowledge of all growing related functions such as: watering, fertilizing, insect/disease identification, chemical applications based on pest or disease.
Must meet the Company’s minimum age requirement for regular employment
Knowledge of foliage Plants
Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture or related field preferred
Ability to obtain state pesticide applicators license
Computer, administration and organizational skills